Starting school is an exciting but also daunting time for our patients and families. It can mean change in routine. Additional communication with school many be needed. Your team is here to support you. Nurses, Dietitians and Physiotherapists will be around to provide input and training where needed at home or at school
Key useful advice
- Talk to your team about the school your child is starting and we can get in contact with them to arrange a visit.
- Encourage an active lifestyle- think about walking to school.
- Get involved in activities in and outside of school.
- Get in contact with us for any assistance needed in regards to changes in your daily routine.
- Expect your child to be tired and allow room and time for this.
- Alert the team to any issues arising that prevent your child from accessing their CF needs in school as we may be able to work with school to resolve these.s